For poetry, 5 poems or less, no matter the length.
For prose, we are flexible.
Do you accept novel excerpts?
Can the submission be previously published?
Do you accept simultaneous submissions?
Yes. If your work has been accepted by another publication, please let us know by adding a note to your submission.
What are you looking for?
We are open to reading writing in any genre. Send us original work; get our attention.
How do I publish non fiction in Cosmonauts Avenue?
We’re thrilled to announce that our 2020 fiction prize is now open for submissions!!! What kinda writing are we looking for? We want work that elevates and amplifies underrepresented voices, work that shines a light somewhere we should be looking, but maybe aren’t, work that settles into our bones so we can carry it with us awhile. Send us your warm, your thoughtful, your unsettling, your funny & devastating, your necessary words. We can’t wait.
- Deadline: March 31, 2020
- Judge: Jenny Zhang
- PRIZE: $500 & publication
- Stories should not exceed 4,000 words and must be previously unpublished.
- We accept (and encourage) entries from all ages and countries.
- All entries should be in a standard typeface and 12pt font.
- One story maximum per entry.
- $14USD reading fee must accompany first entry.
- $10USD reading fee for additional entries.
- Finalists will be notified in early April.
- Multiple entries are permissible, as long as they are accompanied by separate reading fees.
- Stand alone novel excerpts are welcome.