CA is thrilled to announce that our inaugural Non Fiction Prize is now open for submissions! Our judge (deep breath)... Roxane Gay!
What are we looking for? We love writing that is personal, necessary, darkly funny, unfunny, candid, unique, upsetting, untold, includes in-depth research into Channing Chatum's abs (kidding but not?) – writing that is deeply good and deeply you.
The winner will receive $500 and publication in Cosmonauts Avenue.
Deadline: May 1st, 2017
About the Judge: Roxane Gay’s writing appears in Best American Mystery Stories 2014, Best American Short Stories 2012, Best Sex Writing 2012, A Public Space, McSweeney’s, Tin House, Oxford American, American Short Fiction, Virginia Quarterly Review, and many others. She is a contributing opinion writer for The New York Times. She is the author of the books Ayiti, An Untamed State, the New York Times bestselling Bad Feminist, and Difficult Women and Hunger forthcoming in 2017. She is also the author of World of Wakanda for Marvel.
- Maximum 15 double-spaced pages.
- Essays must be previously unpublished.
- We accept (and encourage) entries from all ages and countries
- All entries should be in a standard typeface and 12pt font, unless the style demands otherwise
- One essay maximum per entry.
- A $12USD reading fee must accompany each entry.
- Winners will be notified in June 2017.
- Multiple entries are permissible, as long as they are accompanied by separate reading fees.
- All submissions will be considered for publication.
- The final judge will read manuscripts blind.